Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Noland...

Happy Birthday Noland...
December 10th, 2004
 
 
Not flesh of my flesh.
Not bone of my bone.
 But still miraculously my own.
And never forget for a minute.
You were not born under my heart.
You were born in my heart.
Unknown
 
 
I try and write on each one of my children's Birthday's....  My hope is that when they are older they can always have my thoughts to reflect back on.  Noland was born in Amarillo Tx and was placed in my custody when he was 5 weeks old.  He was a sick little guy and actually spent his first 9 days with us in the NICU being treated for Reflux...  It was so sad...  It was scary too...  The fact that he was sick was scary but the even scarier part was that we had been given this amazing gift of Noland. 
 
We fell in love with him the instant we laid eyes on him and knew that we had to fight for him too...  See, we were already in a fight to keep Nick safe and had hopes to adopt him. This was like the cherry on top.  Brother's together...
 
I feel so fortunate to have him and I am grateful every day even the days when he challenges me, which lately have been pretty regular.  This last year has been incredibly difficult and learning all of our new normal's has been trying for us all. 
 
 
I love his creativity and he is developing a love for music and I think he could be talented in that area.  He has always loved trucks and big heavy equipment and absolutely adores the motorcycle.. 
 
He misses his daddy but knows that he lives in his heart and always is watching over him and protecting him and if he will be still he can have the gift of his daddy guiding him in life. 
 
Today we celebrate Noland's birth and I also celebrate his birth mom. Without her, he would no exist... He is not of my flesh, but I labored for him in my heart and fought for him as I would a child that I had carried myself. 
 
 
This is one of Noland's favorite pictures...  It's not the best pic but he and his daddy were two peas in a pod with riding and going everywhere together.  Those who knew Jeff know why.  Everything and everywhere was an adventure.  Never mattered where it was or what they were doing... So, when I mentioned to him I needed to blog for his birthday.  He reminded me to put this picture in here.  So here ya go !!!
 
 
This was the last Birthday that Noland celebrated with his daddy here in the physical world.  He will be here with him this year, it will just be spiritually...  He never leaves us ; this I know... He loved us too much... 
 
So, Noland- I love you to the moon and back again Infinity !!!  I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY !!!  I am also so glad you were born and I have been given the gift of being your Mommy !!!  We have a special dinner to celebrate with tonight...  Good times and Good memories...
 
Hugs and Love
 
the Harrisons - aka The gang of H's
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment