Tuesday, July 2, 2013

As the Wharf turns...

 
 
Still no filter for my brain, anywhere in site...............................
 
Thought I would blog about a bunch of random things going on in my life..   Probably not the most exciting blog but it's about me getting my thoughts out and sometimes entertaining you all.  Hope both are accomplished... :)

I live in a resort, there are 700 condo's here, it is the week of 4th of July, it is crazy crazy crazy, to say the least.  There are long term residents like myself here and we have a special, secret FB page that we vent, post issues about, and let each other know about things happening on the property.  It is a great way to keep us all informed.  That being said, we had a robbery/ drug deal that happened in the parking deck, where I park my car.  We have two parking decks.  A north and a south.  This happened in the south tower, actually right by my car.  I was entering the parking deck structure and my phone started going crazy with notifications, I was reading what was happening, because one of our residents has a scanner, as the elevator was opening on the floor where my car was parked.  The doors opened and there were several police cars parking all crazy, several security employees, a gentleman, the victim, I am assuming, and just chaos. The thieves/ drug dealers were on foot on the property and were armed.  How lovely?  I do not scare easily... EVER....  However, knowing that this was taking place right where my car was parked in broad daylight during the busiest time of the year next to spring break here where I live was not a comforting thought. 
Not a great pic, but I was kind of hiding to take the pic and hurrying to get the heck out of there.  I left went to the Post Office, and returned, still the notifications were going crazy on my phone, they were looking for these guys who did this and trying to find them, they were running around where I live, crazy people with guns....

Hard to see, but they were finally caught.  Thank goodness.  Two hours later.  I do not know the actual story of what had happened.  I just know that they did something bad and they were where I live and it could have ended badly. 

Which brings me to this:  I walk into that parking structure alone, at night, all by myself.  It made me acutely aware of my widowhood...  It sucked.  It actually shook me up just a bit more than I thought it did.  I miss my old life, my security...  I miss never being alone.  I miss just having that someone that would have been devastated to know that I was in that situation. Life is different now.  I have to be the protector, the provider, the strength...  It just gets old...  I miss Jeff...  His smile, His reassurance that everything was going to be OK. 

So, I try to just believe that everything is going to be OK.  Making it sometimes is faking it. !!!

Love and Hugs,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment