Monday, April 21, 2014

Cars... Easter Eggs... Family & More... Whew !!!

Car Shows, Easter Hunts.. Family & MORE!!!

Whoa.. What a weekend :)  Started out Saturday morning with Josh taking Noland to his very first car show EVER !!!  Noland was super psyched... He loved it.  They had a really good time.  I was so glad they got to have some " guy time " and do something FUN !!! Noland really misses hanging out and doing all the " guy stuff " he loves.  He is really INTO cars.  Josh had a special shirt made for him.  He is sporting it in the pics...  



Of course Saturday afternoon we enjoyed Easter with Gdaddy and Gmama and of course dying eggs. Kids laughed and filled the house with all their giggles... Made me smile.

The kiddies with Gdaddy and Gmama after the Hunt... Good times !!

Of course I was a little homesick.  I got to Tango with my Family in GA while they were all at my mom's.  It was so cool.  Made me feel better to get to see everybody and talk to them.  We are so far apart, but I treasure them just the same...  


Bwahhhhhhhhhh...  Just a funny, wow , this is a wild weekend kind of pic... 



Sunday we had the pleasure of having Easter Lunch with Josh's Family.  We felt so welcomed and loved.  The kids had such a great time playing in the yard and with all their goodies.  We all had a blast and some really yummy food...  awesome day !!!


The evening ended and the kids went to bed.  We had some quiet time and were able to wind down from the weekend.  It makes me reflect on how things change.  When you are running to catch your breath from having a great time.  You know it' s been a good weekend.  My soul and spirit felt renewed...  We had our moments missing Jeff... We know he was celebrating in Heaven and he is still guiding us.  I am so blessed with the gifts he continues to send me... 
We had another " big moment " this morning.  I had to take Nick for his labs.  I have dreaded this.  Jeff was the keeper of this task and Justin has filled in since Jeff' s passing.  I felt my throat closing up, my skin getting clammy, my heart racing... I could feel that dreaded panic setting in on the way to the Health care center.  I glanced over to Nick and looked at me and smiled.  That was all it took.  I knew I could get him through this.  No matter what it took or we experienced.  After we were there, it was no biggie.  He did great.  !!!

Such a brave little guy.  He did say that he wished his daddy was here, because he always took him someplace special afterwards.  So we did just that.  We stopped by Gdaddy's house and grabbed some hugs and his little brother bought him breakfast at McDonald's with his Easter money...

Today my heart and soul giggle.  We did it !! yay... I am so proud of us.  So, I will continue down this path... The one that is curvy and winding... That has up and downs.  That is stormy at best most days...  Because, this girl is adjusting her sail... I refuse to sink.. I am so happy... Feel so blessed... Excited about our futures... We know that Josh, the girls, and Jaycob are our Forever Family... With every hard time, with every celebration, with every laugh and accomplishment we grow stronger and stronger.  Love the one you are with... Say I love You... Appreciate the little things... Those are what matter... With a heart full of love and soul full of giggles...  We send you our love and encourage you to do something extraordinary !!! 

Mwah !!

Michelle and the gang of H's and the gang of Ptaks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment