Thursday, November 21, 2013

Vincit qui se vincit





Thanksgiving Lunch at Mossy Head Elementary 2013... and other random thoughts.

 
November is upon us, So, we ventured out today to have Thanksgiving Lunch with the boys at Mossy Head Elementary and it was a success.  Bittersweet to some extent today. Remembering when daddy used to be here to do these things makes us relive happy memories. 

 
My boys all know how much they were adored by their daddy and we have decided to enter the Holiday Season making some new memories... Not to erase what we have had in the past but to enhance and make new ones. 
 
 
Today at their School.  I am so proud of my boys.  We had a great time !!!
 
 
Justin, you are my world.  You are my rock.  I love you to the moon and back again.  I am so proud of the young man you have become.  I can not wait to see what your future holds and the opportunities that are awaiting you in that great big scary world.  I hope I have prepared you enough to tackle things not only seem impossible but to hit them head on.  You are a good big bru bru... 
 
Vincit qui se vincit = " she who conquers herself "
 
Isn't that half the battle.  Conquering yourself... I am my own worst critic, enemy, friend, lover, co-worker, boss, and room mate...  I have to give myself permission to fail.  Fail I have done, miserably in some areas of my life.  We all have.  Not one of us has simply excelled in all areas and all paths we have traveled.  It is ok...  I am ok... No matter what.  I will conquer myself.  I can not conquer anything else until I do. 
 
Love yourself, if you can not do that, you can not love anything else in the world.  You have to be comfortable in your own skin.. Accept you for you.  I am learning this throughout my journey into finding a new normal. 
 
Hug yourself...  Love and mwah to you all
 
Michelle and the gang of H's
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment