Wednesday, May 29, 2013

All wrapped up in a little egg...
 
 
 
 
Noland had counseling this morning and had been working during his alone time with the counselor on this Memory Egg.  Today he finished it and brought it out to show me and explained what it was.  He had such a sparkle in his eye, life, something I have hoped for.  Today, it was revealed in the discussion about a little plastic egg and what it holds...
 
A peace sign, because he always felt safe and peaceful when he was with his daddy.
 
A seashell, because he loved going to the Ocean with his daddy for as long as he can remember and it is where his daddy's ashes are scattered...  He said that he also knows that his daddy sends us dolphins so that we know he is around us.
 
A sun, because our world was brighter when daddy was here.
 
A star, because when he looks at the sky at night and sees the stars he pretends that one of them is his daddy shining down on him and all of us letting us know its ok...
 
Yeah, try sitting in front of your child while they describe these things and not cry... I did, it was hard as hell and  haven't stopped since I got him back to school...  I am proud that he is able to progress through this process.  Kids are so inventive and we can learn so much through their innocence and unconditional love.  Noland was truly a daddy's boy.  From the word go... He went everywhere with Jeff.  Noland still attends a meeting on Friday night that he went to with his daddy every week. 
 
 
We will be OK... I know that whatever lies ahead, I got somebody watching over me and has never ever let me fall without catching me.  I am in good hands...  I love you baby !! Life is so different, I will always go forward... Somehow, Someway !!!
 
Hugs and Love !!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment