Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Refusal to Sink....and Pink Shoes ROCK !!!
 
 
 
 
Just where exactly does that leave me?  My refusal to sink, I suppose it can be interpreted in a multitude of ways... Such as, I refuse to go down with the sinking ship IE:  my life the way it is now vs. what it was prior to losing my best friend, amazing husband and father of my children...  Yep, that about sums it up.  I will not sink.  I will continue to stay afloat.  I will do what it takes to LIVE... Some of you may not approve of how I choose to LIVE my life.  That is ok.  I don't necessarily approve of a lot of what people do in their lives.  But it is NOT ok for me to make a judgment regarding how you live it.  I make a choice to have you in my life and if I do so, then I love you regardless of whether it's rainbows and butterflies all the time.  But, if I LOVE you, you KNOW it.  I will do anything in my power to support you, even if I don't agree or it is not my choice for you. 
 
I have had the experience going through this process of finding out that their are people that I allowed myself to love, really love that have hurt me and my family the most.  Chances are if you are reading this, you are not one of them, because I have done a damn good job of erasing such folks from my life.  This blog is not about my preaching to you about what is right and wrong, it is simply my experience and it is for me to grow through this process.  This just happens to be one of the bumps that I encountered on the way.  The real issue is that I allowed this to take place.  I let them into my world and I suspect I pulled the wool over my own eyes to want it to be truly what it was not.  Lesson learned.  I believe that as long as you come out on the other side and have learned something then you succeed.  May not always be what you had hoped for, but you can grow from it.
 
Moving on to growing through the process.  I am learning a bit about myself.  A couple of weeks ago I saw the prettiest pink shoes.  Never would I have ever thought about pink shoes, but I could not resist.  They were awesome.  I know what you are thinking, what does pink shoes have to do with growth?  I am a black, khaki and grey kind of girl.  Always have been.  Do not wear bright colors and especially recently...  So, I stepped out of my comfort zone and have enjoyed the pink shoes...  It starts small.  Discovery of who you are, and it simply started for me with a pair of pink shoes...  Those who know me, know that I am a strictly flip flop kind of girl...  Well..... SURPRISE...
The pink shoes.... To begin my amended life !!!
 
I am so excited...  Brett and Zack are on their way here right now.  They will be here through Saturday or Sunday.  We are so excited to see them. 
 
Let the fun begin !!!  Love, Hugs and Sandy toes, in pink shoes !!!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment