Sunday, May 12, 2013

AND.... It's HERE !!!
 
 
So, it happens... whether we protest it or not, the days roll on in and we endure the feelings that come with whatever the rest of the world is celebrating...  The day started a little rough...  Remembering the last 18 Mother's Days and how important I was made to feel on those days... Like a Queen, Jeff always made sure that Mother's Day and most celebratory days I was made to feel so important...  Today, I still feel important.  I feel cherished... I feel special...  Not because of anything anyone has done, but because I am a mom.  I know that no matter what my kids love me and they love me because of the love not only I showed them, but their daddy showed them. 
 
I was watching a friend of mine with his girls yesterday, they climbed on him, told him they loved him, played silly games back and forth and I found it to be enlightening.  I know that those girls will always have those memories of being loved.  In the same breath, I was sad...  My kids would give anything to have those " moments " again with their dad... Then, it dawned on me that it is up to me to make sure that those memories continue with ME...  I am the avenue in which they will remember Jeff. 
 
Today I embrace Mother's Day for exactly what it is.  My precious gifts...  Loving my mom and knowing that through it all...  Mother's Day or not, I have had the honor of blending our lives with children, ours and some that were not ours...  We are loved... 
 
In the famous words of my former Boss, " it is what it is "...  So, with that, we move forward... appreciating what life hands us and learning to spin it into something positive. 
 
We are about to head to the BEACH and have our souls tickled by the waves and the shore... 
 
Happy Mother's Day All !!!
 
Love, Hugs and Sandy Toes
 
 
To My mom,: Happy Mother's Day !!! I love you to the sky and back again !!!  

 
Thanks Baby for always making me feel so special !!!  I miss you !!

No comments:

Post a Comment